Sunday, March 01, 2009

Giant Squid


Okay, I'm not going to lie, I love Discovery channel and national geographic a lot.
and I really love sharks and sea life but I also really have a special spot in my heart for squid especially giant one. 

I have watched a lot of documentaries and specials on the subject and I just found these pictures.
I never saw them before and I was really shocked because they didn't have any photos of live giant squid. 

but then I find these two actual photos of live giant squid. 

 I found this one on the National Geographic website it was caught December, 2006 in Japan. It died later.

He one was caught in Antarctic on February 22, 2007

I am excited to see them but it makes me sad because I believe fishermen are finding them because the squid don't have enough food and they are coming up from the depths to eat. 



1 comment: